Speaker application deadline:
May 28, 2011 Now closed!
Thank you to everyone who submitted by the original deadline of May 14th. Those who submitted by the 14th will be contacted soon (before the 28th) with an update on their application.
WordCamp Boston brings together designers, developers, bloggers, small business owners, entrepreneurs, and educators from all across New England. What can you share with this community? We’re looking to build an awesome program which reflects the diversity of the greater Boston WordPress community, and we want you to be a part of it!
What we look for
We ask that your talk be…
- directly related to WordPress, or be immediately applicable and relevant to our audience
- one or more of the following: skill-building, thought-provoking, novel, unique, entertaining, passionate, relaxed, educational, hands-on, challenging, mind-blowing, caffeinating, fresh, interactive, hilarious, niche-specific, general-interest, multi-media, comforting, polished, beautiful, delicious…
- respectful of the WordPress community and GPL
- above all, awesome!
- Most talks will be approximately 30 minutes each, so propose a topic you can cover passionately in that duration.
- Talks will be on Saturday July 23rd or Sunday the 24th. If you are only available for one day but not the other, please note this in your application.
- We plan to record video of all talks for posting to WordPress.tv.
- Speakers will be offered free admission to WordCamp Boston, but will not be otherwise compensated.
First time presenting? That’s okay.
At WordCamp Boston, we believe in building out our local WordPress talent and mentor base, not just relying on established heavyweights. We want to learn about the amazing things you’ve done with WordPress—whether you’ve ever given a talk before or not.
To that end, this year we’re actively encouraging first-time presenters to apply, and offering an unofficial Speaker Mentorship program. Interested speakers will be connected with one of our Master Speakers to run ideas and slides by, and we may hold a “practice talk” session approximately one week before WordCamp.
Interested applicants should check the “I’m interested in Speaker Mentorship” checkbox on the application form.
Apply by the deadline, May 28, 2011, using this Google form. Thanks, and we’ll be in touch! ^^