WordCamp is 100% volunteer run by local WordPress community members who want to give back and participate in something worth coming into Boston for a weekend. We really depend on a team of smart, flexible, awesome friends to make sure everything over the 2 days goes smooth and is a blast.
This being said, we are officially opening up our call for volunteers for this years WordCamp Boston! I hope you will consider joining a team that is responsible for making the event memorable.
Q: What will a volunteer be doing on Saturday & Sunday?
- Help make registration streamlined and organized
- Answer questions about the schedule to attendees
- Give the WordCamp presenters tips on the conference room and mic setups
- Help setup lunch and the different meal options
- Attend and help with refreshment setup for the party Saturday evening at the NERD center
- Assist with rooms on Sunday
- Be a part of WordPress community is a unique way
Volunteers come to the WordCamp with the mindset of serving with the perk of having the ticket admission waived. We ask that if you request to serve, please plan on making a contribution and follow the schedule of logistics that we provide.
Bottom line is volunteering is a blast, we had a lot of fun last year and are looking for a repeat this year.
Please email Chris Traganos at email@example.com if you are willing and able to help make 2011 WordCamp Boston the best conference ever!
The WordCamp Organizers